Thursday, May 2, 2019

Duck-Roast

Appa - are you going to get Duck Roast? asked Pranit on our first day in Langkawi. His eyes were twinkling with mischief.

Let me transport you to Cochin to better appreciate this question.  I love reading about local delicacies and where to eat - and Cochin was rated highly for - guess what - Duck Roast. One fine evening we left the car at home-stay and started in search of duck roast. First I tried at the top recommended restaurants but surprisingly they did not have any - next at lesser starred ones - and finally at anything goes.

We must have walked two kilometers crisscrossing the streets of Fort Cochi - until-
our light backpacks became heavy,
feet started aching,
and in general all of us were tired and irritated.

I would get into restaurant, rest would try to follow in - I say try to get in because even before sitting down, the only question I asked that day was - Do you have duck roast?

Finally we got served Duck-Roast. It was not so much fun - and hence the term "Duck Roast" has a special meaning. By now you understand - each one of us have our own duck roast. I hope you have one too - do share and let's have some fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment