Saturday, December 5, 2015

Roman Days - Spent with Caesar - He takes me for a walk

It was a balmy November evening and as always Caesar our 3 year old golden Labrador took me for a walk. Yes, unlike my previous pet Pomeranian, Caesar was the one who would lead the way. He would hold one end of the leash in his mouth – while the other end would be in my grip – and then he would decide the route for the day.
Caesar’s addition to the household coincided with my leaving for the college. The first 3 years were the years of great change for both of us. I was becoming a very thin, bearded engineer while he was transforming from a fluffy ball of wool to a slightly overweight, very adorable and cuddly golden lab. It had become hard for anyone apart from close family and friends to recognize me – while Caesar by accompanying Mummy and Papa on a 2.5 km morning walk circuit had become a well-known personality.

Anyway, coming back to that November evening when I was home during a semester break and Caesar was taking me for a walk. We were enjoying the peace and quiet when suddenly I heard someone shout:

“Aiyee – where are you taking the Vakil Sahib’s dog?”

It was none other than a neighborhood dairy owner, who as expected did not recognize me.My mouth went dry, as I frantically tried to recall the dairy owner’s name. Finally I could squeak it out and convince him that I wasn’t taking the Vakil Sahib’s dog anywhere and instead it was Caesar who was taking me for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment